The VMDR Prioritization report allows you to automatically identify the vulnerabilities that pose material risk to your organization and business. It does so by correlating vulnerability information with threat intelligence and asset context to zero in on the highest risk vulnerabilities.
Indicators such as Exploit, Actively Attacked, and Wormable bubble up current vulnerabilities that pose risk while the “Predicted High Risk” indicator uses machine learning models to highlight vulnerabilities most likely to become material risks, providing multiple levels of prioritization.
The VMDR Prioritization report :
- Guides you to focus resources in the right area to first patch the highest risk vulnerabilities.
- Increases the security posture of your organization by identifying and remediating the vulnerabilities that are and likely to get exploited in the wild by threat actors.
- Empowers security analysts to pick and choose the relevant threat indicators. For example, if an organization has financial data of users, they can prioritize vulnerabilities based on ‘High Data Loss’ indicator to first identify and remediate vulnerabilities that may result in data exfiltration, if exploited.
- Helps you identify the specific patch that fixes a particular vulnerability.
- Reduces remediation time by detecting the patch to be deployed from the same platform in an integrated workflow, at the click of a button (if Patch Management app is enabled in your subscription).
Using real-time threat intelligence, you can detect which vulnerabilities to remediate first. You can indicate the most critical threats and prioritize patching.
Before you start generating the VMDR Prioritization report, ensure that you have gathered the vulnerability posture for the assets. You could build your asset inventory using Cloud Agents or other methods such as Scanners, Passive Sensor, Cloud Inventory, Container Inventory, Mobile Device Inventory. Learn more
1. Go to Prioritization > Reports and click Start Prioritizing. If you are generating the report for the first time, click on the Prioritization tab.
2. Select the Asset tags to narrow down your prioritized list to vulnerabilities associated with the assets you select and then click to proceed ahead. Show me
You need to select at least one asset tag before you proceed ahead.
3. Select the various filters for VMDR Prioritization report. Show me
Age - Select the detection or vulnerability age tab and then select the time filters. By default. the detection age filter is selected. Your report includes vulnerabilities that match the selected age range. Learn more
Real-Time Threat Indicators - Select the Real-Time Threat Indicators (RTIs) that you’re interested in. Your report will include vulnerabilities that match *any* of the selected RTIs. Learn more
Attack Surface - Select these filters to remove vulnerabilities from the report that aren’t the highest priority so you can focus on what’s most critical to your organization. Learn more
4. Click Prioritize Now to enable the threat intelligence to prioritize the riskiest vulnerabilities on your network for the assets you selected.
Once you generate the report, you could proceed with patching the vulnerabilities (if Patch Management app is enabled in your subscription), export the report in the form of a widget to your dashboard or download the report in CSV format.
How to Read The Report | Export Report to Dashboard | Save and Download Report