You can consolidate various data points and group them using multiple parameters in multi-grouped bar widget.
You could build your search query for a vulnerability and then group the search result using multiple pre-defined parameters. Perform the following steps to build a multi-grouped column widget:
1. On the dashboard, click the Add Widget button. The widget library is displayed.
2. Click Build your widget.
3. On the right pane, select the Bar widget type.
4. On the left pane, select the Vulnerability Management application.
5. Provide a name for the widget.
6. Select the Show Description on widget check box to display the widget description on the dashboard.
7. Click Query Settings.
8. Choose the Display result as: Assets or Vulnerability. The widget result depends on the data set the you select. If you choose Assets, the widget displays the count of assets that match the search query. If you choose Vulnerability, the widget uses the count of vulnerabilities that match the search query.
9. Based on your preference, add an asset or vulnerability query that you want to populate in the widget. For information on search queries, refer to Search Tutorial. Using the search action menu, you can view the frequently-used QQL queries, save, and manage them with ease. Looking for the different actions on the search queries, see Search Actions.
10. Select Multi-Grouped as Widget Representation.
11. Group By: Select the categorization parameter for the data fetched by search query. Depending on the search result of Query 1, the parameters that can be grouped are pre-populated. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
12. Group By 2: Select another parameter for categorization of the data fetched by search query. Depending on the search result of Query 1 and parameter selected in Group By, the parameters in Group By 2 are pre-populated. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
13. Stacked: Similar to Group By 2, you could choose third parameter to categorize the data fetched by the search result and stack the bar over the existing grouped data. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
14. Sort By (only for Vulnerability option): Choose Count or Severity to sort the data type. The Severity option in the Sort By field is displayed if you select Severity in the Group By field.
15. Display Limit: Select Top or Bottom to display data in descending or ascending order. You can also select from 10, 5, 3 for the data to be populated in the bar widget.
For example, you can view top 5 vulnerabilities of detection age with its multiple parameters such as status and discovery type sorted in descending order.
You can view the widget preview and configure the parameters as per your requirement. Click Add to Dashboard to complete widget creation and view the widget on the dashboard.
Customize Labels in Bar Widgets