Before you start with CAR operations, make sure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- The CAR app must be enabled for your subscription. To get it enabled, contact your Technical Account Manager.
- For Windows, you must have Qualys Cloud Agent 220.127.116.11 or later installed.
Refer to the Cloud Agent for Windows Installation Guide
- For Linux scripts, you must have Qualys Cloud Agent 4.7.0 or later installed.
Refer to the Cloud Agent for Linux Installation Guide
- For Python script, Python3
must be installed
- For Perl script, any version of Perl must be installed
Following points must be kept in mind if you use Python on Windows platform:
- If Python is installed by using the setup, it should be installed for all users on the client machine. The installation location must be added to the system path variable.
- If Python is installed by using portable zip, the path of the directory containing python.exe must be added to the system path variable.
Note: Windows agent adheres to the PowerShell execution policy set on the computer on which a script is executed. The default execution policy for Windows allows only signed PowerShell scripts to be executed. If execution of unsigned PowerShell scripts is blocked on the computer, the Windows agent does not override the execution policy and script execution fails for unsigned scripts. In such cases, you must use signed PowerShell scripts, signed by a trusted certification authority.
Prerequisites for PowerShell Execution Policy
Required Roles and Permissions