Configure tags so you can apply them to assets in your subscription. This helps you to organize your assets and to manage user access to them. You can apply tags to IP addresses and web applications.
1) Go to Tags and select New tag.
2) Enter the settings for your tag. Tip - Turn help tips on (in the wizard title bar) and we'll show you help as you hover over the settings.
3) Set up a dynamic tag rule (optional). If there is no dynamic rule then your tag will be saved as a static tag.
- Tag Type
There are two types of tags - Static and Dynamic. By default, static tag will be created. Dynamic tag allows you to define Tag Rules.
- Tag Rules
These are the rules which helps to identify the assets to apply tags.
- No Dynamic Rule: Your tag will be a static tag.
- Asset Name Contains: Applies the tag when any part of the user-definable asset name contains the substring or substrings you enter. Add multiple substrings separated by the "|" (vertical bar) with no spaces before or after.
- Asset Inventory: Applies the tag to assets from AssetView.
- IP Address In Range(s): Applies the tag to assets with an IP in the range you enter (e.g. 172.31.254.0-172.31.254.25 or 172.31.254.0/25).
- IP Address In Range(s) + Network(s): Applies the tag to assets with an IP in the range you enter and network.
- Open Ports: Applies the tag to assets whose port listing matches the ports you enter (e.g. 80,123).
- Cloud Asset Search: Applies the tag to Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform instances matching the query you provide. You can also create tags for your cloud assets.
- Vuln (QID) Exists: Applies the tag to assets with the vulnerability (QID).
- Groovy Scriptlet: Applies the tag to assets based on Groovy script.
- Asset Search: Applies the tag to assets based on QID results.
- Operating System Regular Expression: Applies the tag to assets based on the operating system name.
- Software Installed: Applies the tags to assets based on the software installed on the assets.
4). Click Finish.
Why are some tags already in my account?
Tell me about tag rules
Manage your tags
Tag your Amazon EC2 Instances
Tag your Microsoft Azure instances
Tag your Google Cloud Platform instances