When setting up business units be sure to assign at least one asset group with host assets. If you only assign empty asset groups then the business unit won’t have assets assigned and users in the business unit will not be able to scan or report on any assets.
Unit Managers will be limited in these ways when only empty asset groups are assigned to their business unit:
- They won’t have any host assets to scan or report on.
- They can’t edit empty asset groups assigned to the business unit.
- They can't be made the owner of the empty asset groups.
- They can't create their own asset groups.
- They can't add new host assets even if they have the "Add assets" permission.