Create an MS IIS record in order to authenticate to a Microsoft Internet Information Services (MS IIS) Web Server on a Windows host, and scan it for compliance. Windows authentication is required so you'll also need a Windows record for the host running the web server. The Windows record must either have the IP address assigned or the domain type "NetBIOS, Service-Selected IPs".
This record type is only available in accounts with PC or SCA and is only supported for compliance scans.
We support MS IIS version 6.0, 7.x, 8.x and 10 for Windows.
- Go to Scans > Authentication.
- Check that you have a Windows record already defined for the host running the web server.
- Create an MS IIS record for the same host. Go to New > Applications > MS IIS.
Managers can add authentication records.
Unit Managers must be granted these permissions:
- Manage PC module / Manage SCA module
- Create/edit authentication records/vaults
We'll authenticate to each target host using the credentials provided in the Windows record. If the host is running an MS IIS web server then we'll check to see if an MS IIS record exists. If yes, we'll use credentials from the Windows record to authenticate to the Windows system, access the web server configuration, and scan it for compliance.