Use ratio widgets to track the security posture and overall health of your network. Depending on how the ratio performs, you could also plan and adjust your remediation priorities. You could compare two search results that provide different aspects of your network and build the ratio.
For example, you could build a ratio of vulnerabilities with high severity that exist on your critical assets. The ratio of vulnerability per host gives you a clear picture of the progress of your vulnerability management program.
Note: The ratio widget type is available only for Vulnerability Management app.
Let us see the quick steps to build a ratio widget.
1. On the dashboard, click the Add Widget button. The widget builder is displayed.
2. Select Vulnerability Management application from the left pane and click Create Widget.
3. Choose the Count Widget Type.
4: Provide a Name for the widget and enable Show description on widget check box to display widget description.
5. Choose Regular as Widget Representation.
6: Choose the Display result as: Assets or Vulnerabilities. The widget result depends on the data set the you select. If you choose Assets, the widget displays the count of assets that match the search query. If you choose Vulnerability, the widget uses the count of vulnerabilities that match the search query.
7: Choose Ratio type of count widget.
For a ratio, you need to compare two counts that could be retrieved from the search queries you populate.
8. Define the search query in Query 1. The result of the search query forms the numerator of the ratio.
For information on search queries, refer to Search Tutorial. Using the search action menu, you can view the frequently-used QQL queries, save, and manage them with ease. Looking for the different actions on the search queries, see Search Actions.
9. Output Name: Provide a label for the count to be displayed on the widget.
10. Define the search query in Query 2. The result of this search query forms the denominator of the ratio. You could choose the data list for the denominator to compare with results of query 1.
11. Once you build the queries, you can configure additional parameters for the widget such as enabling trending, widget preferences, and widget rules. For more information on additional options, see Additional widget parameters.
You can view the preview of the widget and configure the parameters as per your requirement. Click Add to Dashboard to complete widget creation and view the widget on the dashboard.
Depending on the various combinations of data list you choose, you could build different ratio widgets. Here are few example screenshots to help you build your ratio widgets.
Asset to Vulnerability Ratio
Example: You want to compare all the assets with vulnerability of severity 5 with vulnerabilities that are active in your in your network.
Asset to Asset Ratio
Example: You want to compare all the vulnerable assets in your network with assets that have inactive agents.
Vulnerability to Asset Ratio
Vulnerability to Vulnerability Ratio
Example: You want to compare severity 5 vulnerabilities with vulnerabilities that are active in your network.