You can consolidate various data points and group them using multiple parameters in multi-grouped column widget.
You could build your search query for a vulnerability and then group the search result using multiple pre-defined parameters. Let us see the quick steps to build a multi-grouped column widget.
1. On the dashboard, click the Add Widget button. The widget builder is displayed.
2. Select Vulnerability Management application from the left pane and click Create Widget.
3. Choose the Column Widget Type.
4: Provide a name for the widget.
5. Choose Multi-Grouped as Widget Representation.
6. Select the Show Description on widget check box to display the widget description on the dashboard.
7. Choose the Display result as: Assets or Vulnerabilities. The widget result depends on the data set the you select. If you choose Assets, the widget displays the count of assets that match the search query. If you choose Vulnerability, the widget uses the count of vulnerabilities that match the search query.
8: Query 1: Type in your search query for the vulnerabilities data to be populated in the widget. For information on search queries, refer to Search Tutorial. Using the search action menu, you can view the frequently-used QQL queries, save, and manage them with ease. Looking for the different actions on the search queries, see Search Actions.
9. Group By: Select the categorization parameter for the data fetched by search query. Depending on the search result of Query 1, the parameters that can be grouped are pre-populated. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
10. Display Limit: Select the limitations from TOP 10, TOP 25, TOP 50 for the data to be populated in the column widget.
11. Group By 2: Select another parameter for categorization of the data fetched by search query. Depending on the search result of Query 1 and parameter selected in Group By, the parameters in Group By 2 are pre-populated. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
12: Stacked: Similar to Group By 2, you could choose third parameter to categorize the data fetched by the search result and stack the bar over the existing grouped data. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
13. Sort By: Choose Count to sort the data type.
14. Sort Order: Choose if the data in the column widget should be sorted in Ascending or Descending order.
For example, you can view top 5 vulnerabilities of detection age with its multiple parameters such as status and discovery type sorted in descending order.