You can consolidate various data points and group them using a single parameter in grouped column widget.
You could build your search query for a vulnerability or asset and then group the search result using a single pre-defined parameter. Let us see the quick steps to build a grouped column widget.
1. On the dashboard, click the Add Widget button. The widget builder is displayed.
2. Select Vulnerability Management application from the left pane and click Create Widget.
3. Choose the Column Widget Type.
4: Provide a name for the widget.
5. Choose Grouped as Widget Representation.
6. Select the Show Description on widget check box to display the widget description on the dashboard.
7. Choose the Display result as: Assets or Vulnerabilities. The widget result depends on the data set the you select. If you choose Assets, the widget displays the count of assets that match the search query. If you choose Vulnerability, the widget uses the count of vulnerabilities that match the search query.
8: Query 1: Type in your search query for the vulnerabilities data to be populated in the widget. For information on search queries, refer to Search Tutorial. Using the search action menu, you can view the frequently-used QQL queries, save, and manage them with ease. Looking for the different actions on the search queries, see Search Actions.
9. Group By: Select the categorization parameter for the data fetched by search query. Depending on the search result of Query 1, the parameters that can be grouped are pre-populated. Type the parameter name and select from the pre-populated list.
10: Display Limit: Select the limitations from TOP 10, TOP 25, TOP 50 for the data to be populated in the bar widget.
For example, you can view top 5 ACTIVE vulnerabilities (status as ACTIVE) that are grouped by severity and sorted in descending order.