Use count widgets to visualize the count of mathematical operation. Use the search query to get the data. You could also compare numbers with multiple queries.
Let us see the quick steps to build a count widget.
1. On the dashboard, click the Add Widget button. The widget builder is displayed.
2. Select Vulnerability Management application from the left pane and click Create Widget.
3. Choose the Count Widget Type.
4: Provide a Name for the widget and enable Show description on widget check box to display widget description.
5. Choose Regular as Widget Representation.
6: Choose the Display result as: Assets or Vulnerabilities. The widget result depends on the data set the you select. If you choose Assets, the widget displays the count of assets that match the search query. If you choose Vulnerability, the widget uses the count of vulnerabilities that match the search query.
7: Choose Count.
For a count, you need to compare two counts that could be retrieved from the search queries you populate.
8. Define the search query. The count of the search query is displayed in the widget.
For information on search queries, refer to Search Tutorial. Using the search action menu, you can view the frequently-used QQL queries, save, and manage them with ease. Looking for the different actions on the search queries, see Search Actions.
9. Select the Compare with another reference query check box if you want to compare two data points in a single widget.
10. Define the search query for the second data point. The count of the search query is displayed in the widget for comparison.
11. Provide a label to be displayed on the widget for the comparison of the two data points.
12. Select the comparison for the two data points. Choose if the second data point is superset, subset or a distinct set of the first query you provided.
13. Once you build the queries, you can configure additional parameters for the widget such as enabling trending, widget preferences, and widget rules. For more information on additional options, see Additional widget parameters.
You can view the preview of the widget and configure the parameters as per your requirement. Click Add to Dashboard to complete widget creation and view the widget on the dashboard.
Depending on the various combinations of data list you choose, you could build different count widgets. Here is an example screenshot to help you build your count widgets.