The Prioritized Product report proactively helps you to prioritize the current products for patching the Windows assets. This report enables you to view the total number of detected product vulnerabilities from last 2 years. You can remediate these vulnerabilities for your Windows assets by creating a job.
- You can use the Filters menu to view vulnerabilities based on severity. Note that, the severity is linked to the vulnerability and not the patches.
- The Prioritized Product report considers both superseded and non-superseded patches while calculating the number of vulnerabilities. However, while creating a job, only the non superseded patches are added to the job.
- The vulnerabilities that are listed in Prioritized Product report are shown in the descending order of the number of vulnerabilities linked to a product.
- You can also filter open vulnerabilities by using asset tags. Simply click the Tags menu and select the preferred tags.
- The Actions menu allows you to view the related patches or create a new job using the filtered vulnerabilities.
- The Prioritized Products report shows all the vulnerabilities for a product, however a user can only patch vulnerabilities for the assets within their scope. For example, total vulnerabilities shown for Microsoft is 245 for a total of 100 assets but the user has access to only 50 assets, they can create a patch job to mitigate vulnerabilities only for 50 assets.
- The Patch Status filter allows you to view all patches or you can select the Missing option to view only the missing patches for the products. To learn more about missing patches, see Reviewing Missing and Installed Patches.
- Unselecting the Missing filter (default option) shows the total count of vulnerabilities that are applicable for every product installed on one or more of your assets. This report prioritizes the products you should patch on a regular basis. We recommend that you select the products with the most vulnerabilities and select the View Related Patches option from the Actions menu. This creates a list of patches that should be deployed and installed for the products.
- Selecting the ‘Missing’ filter shows the count of vulnerabilities in your environment that can be remediated by patches currently missing on certain products. This report prioritizes the products you should patch now. We recommend that you select the products with the most vulnerabilities and select the Create Job using Query option from the Actions menu.
To view the Prioritized Product report, simply go to Patches > Windows > Prioritized Products.
The Prioritized Product report shows all the detected vulnerabilities.
You can filter based on vulnerability severity or Patch Status and create a job using the filtered query. To learn more about creating a job, see Managing Patch Jobs for Windows Assets.
Reviewing Missing and Installed Patches
Managing Patch Jobs for Windows Assets