Upon setting up the connector, it starts discovering the resources that are present in your account. All the resources collected will be assessed against the controls from the out-of-box policies. Monitor view in the CloudView reports resource misconfigurations and provides you the details of resources that are compliant as well as non-compliant.
The primary goal of use case is:
- Get centralized visibility of all non-compliant resources across your multiple accounts
- Drill-down and identify the misconfiguration by service, control criticality, account, policy and region
- View number of resources evaluated against each control and the count of pass/failed resources
- View the resources failed for a specific control, view the actual values configured.
- View the remediation steps to fix the problem in your account.
Monitor view will help you to get answer to following common questions:
- Find controls that are passed/failed across all my accounts
- Find controls that are passed/failed for a specific account
- Find the most failed control across all my accounts
- Find the top most accounts that have maximum failures/non-compliant resources
- For list of policies getting evaluated against the resources refer the list